Today I finally sat down and did some research on my last doctors visit. What I found did give me quite the wake up call. On my last visit a week and a half ago I talked to the docs again about all the contractions I have been having except that they are getting really painful now.....they are still braxton hicks not real contractions, but I have been having so much pain that it has concerned me. Well it concerned the doc too. I ended up having to have an ultrasound to make sure I am not dilating or thinning, everything went well and we were able to confirm it is a girl. He did tell us what things needed to measure at, but just said if I didn't he would talk to us about our options, oh and mentioned the words "threatened miscarriage". I figured he was talking about bedrest and drugs, nope after some reading today I found out that is not the case. The actual solution is quite painful, complicated, and surgical. I am now more motivated than ever to stay on my couch when I can. I do need to get a few more books from the library though. I can't even say how tough this has all been. I am a very independent busy person and there are so many things that I can't do now it is killing me. He did tell me I need to rest as much as I can, and Ky has been very supportive of this and won't let me do anything when he is home. It is so hard for me though. I have actually been bored at times.....not easy for me since I have so much to do.
Last Sunday was the worst though. I managed to make it to church for a total of like 20 minutes to help Kaite with her talk, I was in so much pain I had to leave. I still am not sure how I managed to get changed and on the couch when I got home let alone get to church in the first place. The doc told us that we have to make it to 22 weeks, yeah right lets go for 36 at least. It wasn't the most encouraging thing to hear. I just can't understand why this pregnancy has been so rough. I am still below my pre-pregnancy weight, but the baby is growing good and she is a strong kicker. I am glad this is our last one I don't know if I could make it through another one my body just doesn't like to be pregnant. Oh and I have already started breaking out in my pregnancy rash, this time on my arms thank goodness! Although, I usually make it until my seventh month before this starts..... I will be so glad when this is over and she is here!
Last Sunday was the worst though. I managed to make it to church for a total of like 20 minutes to help Kaite with her talk, I was in so much pain I had to leave. I still am not sure how I managed to get changed and on the couch when I got home let alone get to church in the first place. The doc told us that we have to make it to 22 weeks, yeah right lets go for 36 at least. It wasn't the most encouraging thing to hear. I just can't understand why this pregnancy has been so rough. I am still below my pre-pregnancy weight, but the baby is growing good and she is a strong kicker. I am glad this is our last one I don't know if I could make it through another one my body just doesn't like to be pregnant. Oh and I have already started breaking out in my pregnancy rash, this time on my arms thank goodness! Although, I usually make it until my seventh month before this starts..... I will be so glad when this is over and she is here!



3 comments:
Sorry to read that you are having so many problems :(
I hadn't heard that you were expecting a GIRL!! How exciting!
I always get nasty rashes of some sort too! UGG! Sorry to read that too.
Take it easy!
Let me know if I can help out!
Good luck! I am so with you on being independent and hating for people to have to do things for me. That is always REALLY hard when I am really sick or just got out of the hospital. The week before Christmas I was in bed all week and Mahon was literally doing EVERYTHING... it was so frustrating! I'll be praying for you guys.
Prayers going your way! So sorry to hear about all the your troubles but happy to hear baby is okay! Hey, give me a call when you get board!
Post a Comment