Friday, April 16, 2010

Happy Birthday Kami!

Wednesday my baby turned 2! We had a good day. When we woke her up and said happy birthday she said "cake"! I promptly said no cake for breakfast! Throughout the day whenever we said happy birthday she would continue to say "cake" and then go point at it and point at her mouth. She loved all the attention. We started out painting her toes. She has to have her toes painted sparkly pink, she is such girl! We had her favorite for lunch- pizza and strawberries, what a mess. Everyone came over for cake and ice cream. Opening presents was a bit of a disaster. I am not quite sure who the party was for Kami or her older sisters that were tearing into her presents faster than she was. Anyway, when it was all over Kami loved all her new gifts. She has been playing with the ball Chris and Chantelle gave her non-stop. She has also been pushing around all her dolls and Mickeys in her baby stroller. She now sleeps with 8 or 9 different stuffed animals. And she wont go anywhere without her Mickey sunglasses. I haven't taken pictures of her in her birthday dress yet, maybe Sunday. I still can't believe my baby is 2, it seems like she has been with us forever but then just like it was yesterday that she was born. There was a lot of Mickey at the party, but that is what she loves. I did a Mickey cake last year and had a hard time deciding this year, but figured that is what she would love best. I also didn't even really think about the cake until a couple of days before since we have been so preoccupied with the basement. I didn't have time to make the cake exactly how I wanted, but it turned out good anyway. I just used frosting this time instead of fondant, which would have given it more of a smooth look. I also used cream cheese frosting out of the can on top, which doesn't smooth or crust very well but Kami loves it. I cheated and made the Mickeys and the dots out of gum paste instead of fondant and didn't have my red gel color for the icing so I improvised and probably turned everyone's teeth red for a week! I thought it turned out well especially since I started it the night before, I way procrastinated! Here is her slide show of the craziness! Happy Birthday Kami!

Basement update: The homeruns (electrical term) are run for the entire basement and the girls' room is wired. We are going to start to rebuild the duct work today. The carpet is picked out and ordered and I just need to finalize the paint colors. I am so excited!

1 comment:

Melissa Giles said...

Happy Birthday Kami!!! It really does feel like she's been around forever... I thought she was turning 3... ha ha!!! I love her cake!!! Looks like we missed lots of fun.