Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Easter

Well our Easter activities didn't go exactly as planned. We woke up Saturday morning to the phone call of the egg hunt being canceled. It turns out that storm did hit us. We aren't sure how much snow we got, Ky said 6-8 inches was his best guess. The road was closed and we had 3 ft drifts, as tall as the hood of my Tahoe. So we spent the day watching conference and dying eggs.
Kami loved dying eggs, although I think she would rather have been eating them! Ash and Kaite always have fun with it. I bought a kit with glitter sheets this year, what a mess we won't do that again.
After we always "color" the snow outside.
Easter morning we woke up to this
And girls out of bed almost half an hour before we said, oh well at least they still get excited. They did manage to find all 81 eggs. They loved their baskets (which I never did get pics of), and had a good morning.
We had bunny pancakes courtesy of Ky, I make chubby bunnies!
Then we enjoyed more conference and a trip to my family's house for Easter lunch, the weather cooperated.
Monday Ky went out with "the boys" for some snowmobiling. He rode Chad's sled, which is the one he really wants to buy for next year. They had two feet of powder and at times waist high fresh powder. No one got hurt or rolled a sled, much to my and Becca's relief. He enjoyed his day and a break from the basement. Here are the pics he took. The first is the sled he rode, a skidoo who would have thought he would have crossed over!
If all goes as planned we will be spraying the basement on Friday! I know I have been saying that for weeks, but we are finally on schedule this time, knock on wood!