Saturday, January 2, 2010

A New Decade- 2010

We rang in the new year in style. Kyle was chaperoning a dance and I was at home, the little ones in bed. I did watch the traditional ball drop and enjoyed watching Daughtry sing. We had planned to drop the girls off at Grandma's for the night and I was going to be a wall flower with Ky, but due to the "big storm" moving in we didn't chance it. I did manage to find a bottle of Meiers sparkling Cold Duck- our fave, which we drank later. What a way to celebrate, not at all like I used to ring in the new year. I thought I would do a quick look back at 2009.

Things we would like to forget: biopsies, surgeries, stitches, dermatologist visits, vaccinations, H1N1, skunks, bats, pulling teeth, economy, cinder blocks, and turning 30!!

The good things we remember: canning, jam, fair, fair food, birthdays, diagnosis, fresh raspberries, our first garden, fireworks, cousins, air shows, graduations, 11th anniversary, sledding, snowmen, zoo, starting our own business, learning to swim, new bikes, riding on two wheels, museums, learning to read, making it through the last half of the year without steroids or bronchitis, and leaving the hospital with a healthy girl!

We have definitely had a roller coaster year. I am glad that there are a lot more good things than bad. We did have a good year though. We learned and grew from all our struggles and trials, and are still growing. 2009 was a good year, but I am hoping 2010 is even better! We have set our new year's resolutions and hope we can stick to them for awhile!

No comments: