Monday, December 28, 2009

Merry Christmas!


I am finally posting our Christmas slide show. These slide shows take along time to make and I thought our internet was fairly fast, here it is.
Christmas Eve we started out hitting our families. Ky's first then mine. We enjoyed some visiting and good food. I should also mention that we were up until two the night before finishing the boxes. Anyway, we had a good busy day. We have chosen to make Christmas Eve more focused on Christ and not so much the commercial aspect of things. We like to come home and watch The Forgotten Carols and read The Christmas Orange. We also sing carols, drink hot cocoa, and talk about the true meaning of Christmas. We really like this traditon, we think it keeps the girls focused on the true meaning of Christmas. We also let them open just ONE present and that is new pj's. They like getting their new duds for pictures. We did do one new thing this year, we watched Mickey's Christmas Carol and had popcorn. I think this was Kami's favorite part of the night. I think the night was a success. After setting out milk and cookies the girls were off to bed. They were so tired they slept until 7:30! When they woke up the craziness began. The girls had so much fun opening presents, I can't remember half what they got and they open them so fast. Katie actually opened her last present early, the remote control car, oh well. They were very happy and have been playing non-stop. Ash loves her scooter and rides it all over the house. We have already changed the batteries once in Katie's car, and boy is that thing durable... very impressive. Kami just loves having new toys and her very own coloring book. Ky got an orchard book and is just soaring through it, Ash too with her Flat Stanley books. I will say that we were disapointed with the Transformer. Personally I was very excited, but it is so hard to put together and we keep popping Bubblebee's head off! It is definitely not for a five year old. I had a good Christmas. I got a new hoodie, some much needed running shoes, and tons of new books and jammies. We had a great Christmas and even got to play some games with my fam when they came to visit. I won Trivial Pursuit! Thanks to everyone for helping us with that Christmas spirit!
I am still working on Christmas cards and Ky is still finishing a few presents in the basement, oh well.

1 comment:

Melissa Giles said...

Look at your beautiful family!!!! I absolutely love the pictures of the girls in the red dresses! I'm so happy you guys had a good Chrismtas... and I love the traditions. I got Forgotten Carols this year on DVD so I can watch it every year too! Thanks Ky for introducing me to that, now I can't go a year without watching it.