14 years ago
Monday, December 7, 2009
Happy Birthday Kaitlyn!
My baby turned five today!I can't believe it has been five years! She has been counting down the days for weeks. We had the family party last night and she had tons of fun seeing all her Aunts, Uncles, Grandmas, and Grandpas. I think she loved opening all her presents the most. And we had to get the chicken out of course, he is a party favorite. Kami loved him, then was scared to death of him. I let the girls decorate the cake and they had some fun with the sprinkles! Kami was so good until she saw one toy in particular and then she launched off my lap to get it, after that she kept saying "mine". Kaitlyn was so happy. She loves being the center of attention. She was upset with me when she found out she couldn't open her presents until the next day.The girls had so much fun you think they would have been worn out. Nope, Ashley woke Katie up at 430 this morning, ugh. I promptly said "go back to bed". We did get up earlier than normal just so Ash could participate before heading to school. Katie had so much fun opening her "four small presents". Little did she know we had one big present hidden in the basement. We were hoping for this to be a big surprise, but we later found out Ash blew it. She still loved it anyway and is riding her new bike around the house, until it warms up outside. I should mention that my camera battery was dying and so I didn't get very many picts of her opening presents this morning. We also enjoyed birthday pancakes with the traditional candle in them. Kaitlyn wanted us to sing to her at every meal, it was cute. Then all I heard was "when are my friends coming", she drove me crazy! She was so excited and had so much fun. I feel like we did a whirlwind party. We were squeezing it in between school and dance and stuff. I was just glad everyone could come. I will say that it is at times like these that I am very glad I have three GIRLS! I forget how boys can be. Everyone had fun and some didn't want to go home! Tonight we had pizza and a movie, Katie's choice. I am exhausted and glad it's over. I always feel so bad that her birthday is so close to Christmas. We try to make it her special day and we don't do any Christmas decor until after her day. I forgot to mention that she chose a pink bunny cake. She actually picked this one months ago, I can't remember why. I was hoping to go with something a little more challenging and fun, but that is what she wanted. He turned out cute, except that I ran out of parchment paper and couldn't make my bags. We improvised and he didn't come out as clean as I wanted, but Katie liked him. Now we have enough cake left to feed an army!
What would a birthday be without some nastalgic moments. Katie was the best baby. She was my smallest baby at 7.9 pounds and 21 inches. She was also my fastest labor and almost a week LATE! I was scheduled to be induced the next morning when she decided to come on her own. My labor was only five hours and would have been shorter if they would have broke my water earlier. I was at an eight when we go to the hospital only an hour and half after my contractions started. I wanted to wait for the epidural before they broke my water, what a joke. I ended up with a spinal headache and seven different holes in my back. I never did get the epidural and enjoyed a natural labor with a killer migraine. This made for a fun recovery. Although, after I got the blood patch life was much better. Katie was born just before midnight on Pearl Harbor Day. We have some infamous birthdays around here. Ash Sept 12 one year and a day from 9/11. Katie Pearl Harbor Day. Kami was born on April 14th the day the Titanic hit the iceburg. I blame Kyle for this, June 9th three days after the Teton Dam broke. Kaitlyn has always been a sleeper since the day she was born. Well even when I was pregnant with her. She use to scare us. She could go hours without moving and nothing could wake her. I had so many tests done with her. Anyway, she would sleep about 22 hours of the day and she loved her baby swing. She didn't cry much and was so content with everyone, which was a welcome relief after Ashley and her colic. Kaitlyn is such a fun loving girl with an awesome personality. Lately I have enjoyed some of her unusual ideas. Last week she thought she was going to die from eating warm ketchup, okay! Then it was from swallowing gum. Sunday she was so upset that she couldn't read out of the hymn book. She has also been going around lately and turning off all the lights in the house, all of them, I have yet to figure out why. She also will turn off the bathtub water when there is only a few inches "so it doesn't make a flood". She can crack us up sometimes! Kaitlyn is an awesome big sister, Kami just loves her. She is also very smart and is starting to get the hang of being left handed. She is reading very well and picked it up so fast. Katie is still into Cars and now loves trains and anything else she can move and crash. She seems more boyish than the other two to me, but she still loves to be pampered and have her nails done. We love having Kaitlyn around! I am really enjoying the connection we have made since the appendectomy. We are so much closer and I really enjoy spending time with her. She seems to have really come out of her shell lately. Happy 5th Birthday Katie! We love you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comment:
Sounds like a wonderful day! Happy Birthday Kaitlyn- Hope you are all enjoying your holidays!
Post a Comment