Monday, October 20, 2008

Progress!

Well, it has been another busy week but we did it. The tile is in!!! Now we need to grout and then we can set the stove. We will have heat after all!
I guess I should start at the beginning. Last week Kyle called me from the doctor's office and said "they x-rayed my knee and attempted to drain it". Kyle's knee had been bothering him all week and then Sunday the fluid and redness started to move down his leg. His wife said "you have cellulitis go see a Dr" but he waited until Tuesday. They never did get any fluid off his knee, a good sign, and guess what- cellulitis! So, he got a shot and some heavy antibiotics and orders to rest. Well our stove plans got put on hold. Kyle rested and this weekend we were able to accomplish this:
And...
And...
the ugliest chimney on earth!
We will eventually cover this chimney and the one in the back with rock. We would like them to match the rock on the front of the house. So, we are back on schedule. Provided no other injuries, we will have the stove in Wed! We will still need to put in the back walls and tile them, the basement still has a long way to go.
FYI Kyle's knee issue was a secondary infection from the hammer to the lip incident, both are looking a ton better.
We also pulled out the bigger toys for Kami this weekend. She has had a ball discovering new things. The girls also enjoyed finding "lost" toys in the buckets. We did find a singing puppy that Kami just adores. She is getting so big and is now trying to stay up past eleven at night. I am turning another one into a night owl!
Even though the barn season has slowed my days still seem as busy as ever. We now have a lot of preparations for Halloween and all the other events that go with it. Not to mention Kyle is headed off for another scout camp out. On top of it all I can't tell if my allergies are bothering me or if I am coming down with something. We did have a ton of dust and insulation flying around this weekend. I guess only time will tell.

2 comments:

Sabra said...

The basement is looking better!
Kami is so cute.

Kyle and Kat said...

It is still very scary down there. I can't wait until it is cleaned up, that will make a difference. It is funny most people don't even know we have a basement!