Thursday, September 18, 2008

The simple things

I wanted to post about the simple things I am grateful for. First let me explain. Last week as I was alone with sick kids and winding down my day I came across an entry on Cindy's blog. She had a link to another blog with a story. After reading the story and bawling my eyes out, it made me think about life and what I am so grateful for. I am so grateful for my kids and the chance to be with them all day. I know they drive my crazy at times and I drive them crazy too, but I am thankful that I can be here to find fuzzy caterpillars in the yard after school.
And read so many stories I can not count them all. I love to be able to go outside and write messages with sidewalk chalk or play hopscotch. I love curling on the couch with the girls a blanket and popcorn and settling in for a good movie. I have really enjoyed watching all of them grow. These last few weeks Kaitlyn has really come out of her shell and I love to see her smile and laugh. She has a beautiful smile and the cutest laugh. Kami is doing better with her soy formula. She doesn't like the taste but her digestive system likes it better, and I am glad that she is happier. Ashley is loving school and comes home with the cutest songs for colors and shapes.

I am especially grateful for my wonderful husband. He works crazy hours (until midnight right now) , so that I can stay home with the kids and we can finish our basement. I complain about feeling like a single mom at times, but I am so thankful for him and all he does. He is the best dad and the girls love him so much.
And the simple things, like which picture do I put up and where? What color of tile and counter top should we put in the bathroom? What should I wear to the wedding this weekend? Even the laundry that is piled on my counter right now. I am so thankful that I can make those choices. And that I get the chance to see all the changes with my little family as we grow and struggle together. I am now compelled to read the updates here about Stephanie and Christian and their struggles as they are recovering from the plane crash. I find myself feeling hopeful with each encouraging update and praying that all their surgeries will go well. But also realizing that could be me or anyone I know, and then I am thankful for all the simple things in my life.

No comments: