Sunday, September 7, 2008

Our busy weekend

This castle cake was so much fun to make!

Crazies!


Shelby, Ashley, Cynthia, Kendra and Kailtyn

Candy hoarding!



Well we had a busy weekend. It started Friday night when Kyle and the girls slept outside in the tent, I think they are crazy! They had fun and stayed pretty warm. Kami and I hogged the whole warm bed inside! I also made the cake Friday. I had tons of fun with this one and can't take too much credit for it, I found this idea in the Family Fun magazine, which I love. So, much fun and easy to make. Then Saturday we finally did some much needed yard work and then tried to hit Emily's baptism which we thought started at 1130, it didn't it started at 1100. We then came back and got ready for Ashley's friends party. I let her pick three friends to invite and she picked Kendra, Shelby and Cynthia (of course). The girls came over and had fun playing games and making wands. Kyle and Jen even got in on the balloon popping action. The party was a big hit and Ashley loved spending time with her friends. Then today we went to Christy's party at Jen and Brody's. The kids had so much fun with the pinata and then helping open presents. Brody had fun making his big white mans fire! Sometimes I can't believe everything we fit in one day. Now with everything to do over the next two weeks I feel like they are gone too!

5 comments:

cindy baldwin said...

Kat-- that is the cutest cake ever!!! I love it. Did you make it up or use inspiration?

Audra said...

What Fun! Happy Birthday Ashley!!! You did a great job on the cake- I'm with Cindy- it has too be the cutest cake ever.

P.S. The plane was at the museum at Hill Airforce base in UT

Sabra said...

That is a cool cake! Looks like a fun birthday party. Sorry that Travis stole Kyle for a few minutes before the party started. I felt bad.

Happy b-day Ashley!!

Melissa Giles said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ASHLEY!!! I too loved that cake. Is there any left? Looks like you guys are having so much fun.
Um I don't think Kyle is crazy for sleeping in the backyard, we used to do it all the time.

Kyle and Kat said...

No, no cake left, well I don't think it is any good. I got that idea from my "Family Fun" magazine. I love that magazine, it is one of the only subscriptions I have. Missy I use to sleep out in the backyard to, but not when it was in the 30's at night!