Thursday, October 28, 2010

Happenings

Here are the latest happenings from the past couple of weeks. We have all our produce out of the garden and I have been madly canning, freezing, and dehydrating things. We have canned 20 jars of salsa and would have had more had we not ate an entire pot (with help) of the first batch. These are all the tomatoes I have left to do. They are turning pretty quickly now (this was taken two days ago). I decided to stick them all on the table with newspaper under them and in the sun, it worked very well.
We have also canned 21 jars of applesauce and are in the process of drying apples. We made 16 jars of plum jam and dehydrated some of those too. I have been spending the past couple of days blanching and freezing carrots- I am about half way done. I have also been drying onions and now our house smells like dried onions- yuk. Here are the onions and half the carrots.
Here are the funniest looking carrots from the garden.
But this was the best thing we have found so far. Kami was thrilled that we found a mickey mouse potato growing. It is all about that mouse around here!
Kaite got her white ribbon in gym and only has to get her back-hip circle down to move up to level 2. Way to go Kaite she is quite the gymnast! She was so proud of herself too!
Missy came up and took family pics of us a couple of weekends ago. Trying to get pictures with three kids is near to impossible, but we got some really good ones. I think this first one is my favorite, I love the lighting.
Me and my hubby!
Us girls
Classic Kaite, Ky thinks we should blow this one up and put it on the wall!
We had a fun night and enjoyed a nice dinner with Missy and Briant afterward.
Ash doing chubby bunny with grapes.
Last Saturday we went and carved pumpkins with Ky's family. Ash carved her own this year by herself!
Ky brought some sort of power tool and totally cheated! But his mickey pumpkin turned out great!
The finished products, all except Mahon and Cindy's go here to vote on theirs.
We also helped pick apples, my monkeys!
Chris juggled the apples.
Also last Saturday we got Kami's ears pierced! She has been so good going number 2 in the potty that we thought it would encourage her even more and it worked. She has had one accident since (at night) and has been in her big girl pants for almost a week now! She is doing awesome and loves her earrings. She did cry a little bit at first, I had numbed her ears up a little, but as soon as she saw them she loved them. We did pierce with Minnie and will move over to Mickey as soon as we can- they didn't have Mickey earrings to pierce with, but she still loves her potty prize!
We are also totally ready for Halloween around here and the girls are so excited. I have also started my Christmas list and shopping, since it needs to be done early this year. The girls have enjoyed being at home more. I caught Kami jumping on Kaite three times this morning and would just smile at me and say "hi mom" when I would see her, stinker!
Me and Ky enjoyed a nice date night last weekend and went and saw Red, which I highly suggest. The movie was hilarious and had an all star cast.
We finally got our tickets for London and I have been stressed out about it, we aren't coming home when I wanted and now I hope I get home on time. We waited a little too long and all the flights were booking so fast, I guess we are lucky to be coming home when we are. I am not going to post the dates for safety reasons most everyone already knows anyway. I also got my dress for the wedding and I love it!
I also finally got my flu shot this week, time really got away from me. I also got the DTAP booster and my arm has been just a bit sore from that one. We got our first bit of snow the other day and some of it has stuck around for us. I am not quite ready for the cold.
This ended up being a bit longer than I thought, hopefully I can get Halloween pics posted in a timely manner!

1 comment:

Audra said...

Wow Kat you have turned into quite the domestic diva- I must say I am very impressed with all the canning etc! Love the family pictures- especially the one with you and the girls.