Friday, October 1, 2010

Harvest Time

We have definitely been keeping busy this past week of spud harvest. First an update on Kami. She is fine. We took her sling off a couple of days ago and she is healing great. I will say that those first three or four days were really rough. The poor girl kept bumping it and using it, then she would cry and get frustrated. I was frustrated because I couldn't figure out what she wanted and she just didn't understand, those first few days were really bad! After that we did what I thought we should do all along and wrapped her up, that worked. I think we wrapped her up for like four days and she healed enough that it doesn't hurt now. She is still very tender when you touch that collar bone and every now and then it bothers her, but mostly she is fine and back to her old self. We have now hit the potty training hard. I got rid of all diapers/pullups and we are cold turkeying it. She is doing awesome and has only had a few accidents at nap time. I hope I can hold out a few more days!
We have been harvesting the garden the past week. On Monday we canned 5 boxes of peaches, 44 jars worth. Ash was my peach peeler and an awesome helper.
We have also been picking tomatoes. We have tons of big giant green ones perfect for salsa if they ripen in time.
Freezing jalapenos
Making 26 jars of freezer jam. We made raspberry/peach, strawberry/peach, and strawberry.
Kaite was my peach peeler this time. Thanks Julie for the peaches they were perfect!
Ash was taking pictures while we were making jam and this is what I found.
I finally updated our pictures on the wall. Thanks Missy for the cute photos! Her link here.
I refinished our nightstands in the bedroom. They were so ugly before. I should have spent a little more time on them but they turned out good. I like them.
Saying goodbye to friends. Cali is moving this week and Ash is devastated. They have been best friends since they met.
We have also been catching up on things around the house and I had a girls night with Marianne this past week, I needed that. And we also had two more big events last Sunday. Sunday was Chelsea's blessing and the girls' primary program and since they overlapped we had a chaotic morning. Me Kyle and Kami drove down to the blessing and left right after for the program. We made it just in time and the girls did great. After all that we had the luncheon at the barn. Kami had fun taking pictures with Briant.
Kaite enjoyed holding and just looking at Chelsea. I enjoyed holding her.
The girls had fun playing with their cousins.
It was a fun busy weekend. We still need to harvest carrots and then head down to Logan to pick up Marianne at George's, it will be another busy week.

1 comment:

Melissa Giles said...

We did have a good week end didn't we? I am glad u liked the pictures! I need a good salsa recipe... Will you email me yours?