Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day

Mother's Day was a good one. I think we may have all just forgot it was so close. We have been so preoccupied with the basement and then Ash came down with strep throat (we did not take her anywhere until she was medicated for at least 24 hours). It was a crazy weekend, everything but the stairs are sheet rocked, yay! Now we need to start mudding and taping. The carpet is scheduled to be put in on the 20th, I finally feel like we might actually get the girls down there! Anyway, yesterday we slept in a little late and had a hectic morning, but made it to church just a few minutes late. The girls sang during sacrament and looked cute in their new dresses, see pics below. After church we headed to see my family. Everyone was there. James came home from Boise and George and Harriet were even there. George is done with school for the summer and Harriet is visiting until the end of June. Although, she had some serious jet lag, poor girl. We had a fun night visiting and playing outside. Here is a pic of Kami after she "ate" her oreo.
Here are the girls' new dresses. I bought all three of them for under $10 each, they were normally $50 each. Penney's was having a good sale and I had some nice coupons.
I think a red sweater would look so cute with Ash's black dress. Poor girl, last week I realized she had outgrown most of her dresses and didn't have much to wear anymore. She is going through a serious growth spurt and I am refusing to buy pants until next fall. I know if I buy them now she won't be able to wear them then. We also picked up some shorts and a jacket for her. I saved $172 and I didn't pay more than $10 for anything. Kaite had to get in on the action too. She has plenty of clothes but we found this dress on the clearance rack for $8.50 and she LOVED it, so I got it for her.
We ate strawberries off our little indoor plant- weird but they were good!Here are the gifts the girls got me. I love these candle holders, now I have to get my candles.
I love canvas pictures. We are debating on where to put them. I think once the painting is done downstairs we will be rearranging some decor.
It was a good Mother's day even though it kind of flew by. We have another busy week ahead of us and lots of work to do in the basement.
I do want to add my thought on motherhood. Growing up I really did not want kids or a husband. I was going to be the career woman with a big dog, I have the big dog! I can honestly say that being a mom is the best thing in the world, it is also the hardest but also the most rewarding. I love my girls and husband more than anything and they make me so happy. I love spending time with them and doing fun things with them. I am glad they are not old enough yet to not want to hang out with us! I dread the day they move out and I don't get to see them everyday. I don't like the idea of going to London without them, because I love seeing their smiling faces every morning when they wake up. I love how Kami has to sit and cuddle with me whenever I do anything- even type. I love how Ash teases me everyday. I love Kaite's enormous hugs and how she loves to help with EVERYTHING. They have become my life and I couldn't want anything more. I may not have that "big career" but I have something much better, something that will last for a lifetime and beyond. Thanks guys for making everyday feel like Mother's day!
Ky don't feel left out Father's day is coming!

2 comments:

Sabra said...

Yeah that the basement is close to being finished. We'll have to come see if when it is done.

The girl's dresses are really cute. What a great deal too!

cindy baldwin said...

OK - you have to tell me about your indoor strawberry plant! ;) Now I want to try growing strawberries inside.......