He's back!!! Kyle walked in the door Sunday morning at about 730. We were so excited to see him. He had been gone for 10 days, a long 10 days. Kyle went to Phoenix with my family to help on a house they bought. I was so jealous, all that warm weather and we had snow! Although, he did say it was way hot. They were hoping to be done a few days earlier to do more sightseeing and possibly hit LA, instead they hit the Grand Canyon and other Phoenix attractions before heading home. They wanted us to head down to visit too. That would have been a fun spud harvest. However, I did not feel up to driving 14 plus hours with three kids (one who gets carsick) all by myself. We considered going and taking my bro. James but that didn't work out. I am glad we stayed home, that would have been a long drive. Here are some pictures Ky took while he was gone.

The house. Apparently, there is no grass anywhere down there.

The Phoenix temple is one of my very favorites. And those palm trees...

Kyle took this picture on the way home in Flagstaff. He said most of Flagstaff looks like this.
GRAND CANYON PICTURES
Okay this is my favorite picture he took!

My sis thought she was going to go down there and get a nice tan. Well... she got so burned instead. Kyle said her face was as red as the Mr. Kool-aid guy! She never would let anyone take a picture though. Kyle did get this one of her putting her head in the freezer to get some relief from the burning. And you can't tell in this picture, but she went very blonde before she left. It looks cute. Do blonde and red go good together?
We are so glad to have Kyle home. Ashley was a little disappointed when he didn't bring her home a lizard tale. I told her about the time when I was little and went down there and pulled the tales off the lizards. She thought that was awesome and wanted to do the same. The girls were a big help while he was gone and it wasn't as bad as I thought. We stayed busy everyday and made it through. I think Kyle was glad to see us all. The girls kept climbing all over him and telling him stories, he won't be getting any peace and quiet for awhile! I think we are getting back into our routine again. Ash went back to school today and we had to adjust to getting up early again. I keep hoping things will slow down, but now we are back to focusing on the basement and getting the rest of our wood. It is going to be a long winter.
2 comments:
I bet you are so glad to have him back! So are your parents moving?
I should have clarified. This is a second house, so when they retire they can bounce back and forth between it and the cabin. For now they are going to rent it out.
Post a Comment