Monday, June 8, 2009

Circus Fun

We headed to the circus tonight. I have very fond memories of the circus when I was younger. I went to the Ringling Brothers Barnum and Bailey circus in Denver, and it was BIG. I loved it and always wanted to take the girls. Well we are far from them, so we hit the local circus. We had fun and the girls loved it! We ran into Jen and ended up sitting with them. I think that made it even better for the girls. I was glad to see that they had lions, tigers, bears, and elephants. We saw some really neat tricks. I seem to be having some issues with my camera. I guess it is time to read the owners manual!
Although, I have always wondered about the safety of those shows. Especially when they don't use nets. Tonight we got to see first hand, one of the scarf guys fell. His cable broke and he fell to the ground. It was quite traumatic for the girls. He seemed okay(?) as they carted him off in the ambulance. How okay can you be when you fall how many feet upside down and hit the ground. He was moving his toes though. Anyway, we had a fun night and topped it off with pizza. I am now hoping for no nightmares tonight. I guess it wasn't exactly what I had in mind for a circus memory!

1 comment:

Melissa Giles said...

Oh my goodness! That's terrible! I was going to ask you if you were going to go to that. I had some free admission tickets for kids under 12.