Friday, June 7, 2013

Daisy

It has been 4 weeks since our beloved dog Daisy passed away. She was the best dog EVER! We all still miss her so much and it has been really hard on us, it is like loosing a member of our family because she was. I still find myself looking around for her since she used to follow me around constantly. Ky says he has come home and expected to see her come running up to us. I can still see her laying out on the deck in the sun. 
We buried her next to Domino under a tree with a great view of the mountains, she loved it here. She loved to roam and watch over the property. She was so good with the girls, all of them. They have always loved to climb allover her and pull on everything, she just took it and I think loved it. She loved to play with them and would start pacing the house about 5 minutes before the bus got home. She would go out with them every morning and "stand guard" as they boarded the bus, she even got on with them once or twice!
I remember the day I picked her out at the shelter 11 1/2 years ago, I really wanted to take them all home! She was a sweet puppy from the start but did not like to be alone and wanted to sleep with us from the beginning. She loved to go everywhere with us and got so excited. She would lay on the girls' beds until they fell asleep every night and then come upstairs to bed.
Daisy had been getting old and started having the usual aches and pains. She also started having seizures, which the vet says was typical of the golden retriever in her. We honestly thought she had a few more years in her, and the day before she died she was playing and chasing the ball like a puppy. None of the girls were here when it happened, I was glad for that. She went quickly and I am pretty sure she had a stroke. I am glad she didn't suffer and wasn't alone. Sam knew something was up and has seemed more calm since it happened. The girls tell me almost every day that they miss her, this has been really hard on all of us.
 Kami took these two when she got ahold of my camera after I had Lyvi.
Her horrible hair cut below, Ky hated it when I did this to her.
 Kami throwing snow on her.
 she was such a cute puppy!
 hiking with us
 I didn't have a hard time finding pictures of her, cause she was there for everything. Every time we were outside or any family event she was there, so tons of pictures.
There will never be another dog as good as her.
Rest in peace sweet girl we love you and we will miss you!

No comments: