Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Swim Lessons & Other Stuff

Okay so here is what we have been up to so far this summer.
We have been playing outside a ton. We taught the girls how to play baseball and they love it. Kaite is excited for soccer to start next week.
Kami hauling her chair out.
Ash and Kaite just finished up with swim lessons. Ash passed off level 6 and Kaite will be doing level 4 again next year. Kami is so excited to start next year.
Kaite's crawl stroke
backstrokestanding dive
Ash learned the butterfly
breaststroke was her best stroke, she could easily beat the boys in her class
she learned to start off the blocks
I just love the swim program the college has, it really is the best. They learn so much so quickly and they really emphasize technique. The girls' kindergarten teacher was even there with her daughter, it was her first year taking lessons there and she raved about it too. I felt bad because both of the girls were in more advanced levels than her daughter just because all of her lessons in town kept getting canceled, one advantage of the indoor pool. I think next year we will do earlier sessions because it gets so warm, the disadvantage of the indoor pool!
Here is the deck Ky finished.
He is very proud of the stairs he designed.The city had their party at the pool last week. Kami was so excited but very disappointed she couldn't go down the slides.
Mar was a good sport and floated the lazy river with her.
I should have got them on the blue slide they go so much faster.
Lyvi had her first Sunday at church last weekend. She did so well and slept most of the time. I thought she looked so cute, but Ky kept taking her bow off, boys!
That wraps things up for the most part. Ky only has 3 weeks of school left, I can't wait. We (us girls) have been catching up on some house work and rest. We have some busy weeks coming up real soon with lots of fun stuff planned!

No comments: