Sunday, November 15, 2009

Green Eggs And Ham

I think Green Eggs and Ham is our reading book. I have been doing a letter a day with Kaitlyn for the past couple of weeks. Today I thought we would just give reading a little taste. She did awesome. I was hoping to get a few words down, but after about ten minutes she was reading the pages. I was so impressed. She has had such a hard time with the left-handedness. We have worked really hard to get her to start on the left side of the page and move right. When she writes she likes to start on the right and move left, this leaves everything mirror flipped. When she starts on the left her words are perfect. So today I was surprised at how quickly she picked it up. We started Ash on Green Eggs and Ham for her first reading book. I think it works well because there are good words to sound out and the repetition helps a ton. Way to go Kaitlyn, we are so proud!

No comments: